18 February 2014

About communication

Through the podcast project, I expect to find places near me that could provide relatively authentic displays of both high-brow and low-brow Japanese culture. My understanding of Japanese culture does not stop at knowing about sushi or manga. I also know about umeboshi and byoubu designs. As someone who will live NYC for quite a long time, I'm curious to know if I can taste or see those things right here.

Communication is about exchanging ideas and eliminaing uninformed prejudices. In order to be effective, communication should be done in a courteous but straightforward manner.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Wang san,

    I like your idea that communication is needed to "eliminate uninformed prejudices." There are so many prejudices in the world without communicating each other.

    Good luck for your podcast

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one phrase in your definition of communication that struck me is "eliminating uninformed prejudices". It's very interesting and truthful; I didn't include it in my definition, but I think that is another major part of effective communication.

    ReplyDelete